Published Thursday, 01 May 2014
The NI Open returns to Galgorm this summer. (© Galgorm Castle)
Belfast golfer Michael Hoey has announced he will be competing again this year at the Challenge Tour event which will take place on the Ballymena course between 28 and 31 August.
He said: "Great things are happening with golf in Northern Ireland at the moment and the organisers at Galgorm and this tournament are playing a key role in the overall story."
Last year some 22,000 people turned out to watch the NI Open which was eventually won by Daan Huizing from The Netherlands, who picked up the £22,400 winner's cheque.
Tourism Minister Arlene Foster said together with the Irish Open in 2015 and 2017 the tournament will further cement NI's place as a must-play destination for golfers.
Speaking at Thursday's launch, she added: "Last year's inaugural NI Open at Galgorm broke all European Challenge Tour attendance records, attracting over 22,000 spectators.
"I have no doubt that this year's event will once again attract big crowds.
"The visitors that will pack the Galgorm fairways in August will see the golfing stars of the future and will enjoy a superbly well-run tournament in beautiful surroundings."
© UTV News