Published Wednesday, 26 March 2014
The second show at Balmoral Park is on from 14 to 16 May. (© Presseye)
Last May the show opened at the 65-acre Balmoral Park at the former Maze prison site after 100 years of being staged at the King's Hall in south Belfast and featured more than 500 exhibitors.
Wednesday's launch for the 146th show on 14-16 May focused on the family friendly appeal of Balmoral, as children were given the chance to get close to some the animals that will be on display this year.
Colin McDonald, Chief Executive of the Royal Ulster Agricultural Society (RUAS) said: "Last year was an absolutely fantastic show but we're going to do even more this year.
"The main thing that we're doing is bringing in new features for each sector for example, the garden village was a wonderful success but we're moving it this year because we can in our new showgrounds, we have clinics for people to find out what's wrong with their garden, and a wheel barrow competition for the primary schools."
Mr McDonald added that he doesn't expect the same traffic teething problems experienced in their first year at the new venue, after tailbacks were reported off the M1 motorway at Moira Roundabout.
He said: "By the end of the first morning we knew that we could use the motorway junctions and traffic was easier after that, but the main way to get to the Balmoral Show is public transport, come on the trains, buses and get on the shuttle service which takes you right to the showgrounds."
Mr McDonald said the largest agricultural show in Ireland is a "tradition" and one that he hopes will continue to be well received at the Maze site.
© UTV News