Published Monday, 19 November 2012
The scene of the incident in Ballymena. (© Pacemaker)
The 28-year-old was arrested on Saturday in connection with the incident on the Larne Road on Friday.
The boy, whose clothes were on fire, was found by a woman passing by at around 2.30pm.
It is understood the little boy may have been in a nearby house where a candle caused his clothes to catch fire.
He was transferred to Royal Victoria Hospital on Saturday where he is described as in a critical but stable condition and is receiving treatment.
Anyone who was in the Larne Road area at around 2.30pm or who knows anything about this incident is asked to contact PSNI in Ballymena.
© UTV News