Published Monday, 18 June 2012
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
Six men were shot dead when a loyalist gang opened fire inside the Heights bar in 1994.
They were watching the Republic face Italy - the same fixture that was played on the 18th anniversary of the attack on Monday.
In the small Co Down village, loved ones of the victims gathered in the same room of the same bar on the same night - in 2012 - to watch the Republic lose 2-0 to Italy.
South Down MP Margaret Ritchie said the families welcomed the team's gesture to wear the armbands.
"They are taking some comfort, enormous comfort in fact, from that, because that is an act of solidarity and an act of standing with the families and also standing with other families right throughout the island of Ireland who have lost loved ones as a result of our conflict," she explained.
Earlier Republic of Ireland captain Robbie Keane said it was a respectful gesture.
"It's only right that we do wear the armbands in respect of everyone's families to let them know as a team and as a nation, that we are thinking of their families," he said.
The tribute to those killed was given the go-ahead by UEFA chiefs after they were approached by the Football Association of Ireland.
Speaking last month, John Delaney, FAI chief executive, said: "What happened in Loughinisland in 1994 was an awful tragedy and deeply moving for all football fans.
"I would like to thank UEFA for assisting us in commemorating this atrocity and take the opportunity to remember all those who lost their lives in the Troubles."
Despite 16 arrests over the years no-one has been convicted of the murders, carried out by the UVF.
A Police Ombudsman investigation into the Loughinisland murders found insufficient evidence of collusion between police and the loyalist gang in connection with the atrocity and subsequent police probe.
However he did find police failings over the disposal of the getaway car and the loss of some evidence.