Published Friday, 22 August 2014
The new investigation will focus on bog land at Oristown where it is thought that Brendan Megraw - who was abducted and killed by the IRA - was secretly buried.
Work is due to begin in the coming days.
There have previously been three unsuccessful searches for Mr Megraw, a 23-year-old newlywed who vanished from west Belfast in 1978. The most recent was in 2010.
His brother told UTV the family are welcoming news of the survey with "mixed emotions".
Kieran Megraw said: "We are delighted that information has come in, but we have been down the route before of three digs and not being successful so it is mixed emotions.
"When the last dig finished three years ago we were wondering where we go next but now some fresh information has been found and we are grateful for that."
Between 1972 and 2003, 17 people have been acknowledged as "disappeared" during the Troubles, having been kidnapped, murdered and disposed of in unmarked graves by republicans.
The remains of 10 bodies have been recovered.
Forensic archaeologists will use ground penetrating radar to try to identify anomalies beneath the surface as part of the newly announced geographical survey for Brendan Megraw.
Over four hectares of the Oristown bog have been searched and a further 2.5 will now be covered.
© UTV News