Baby rescued from blaze in flat

Published Friday, 07 January 2011
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

Three people, including a three-month-old baby, have taken to hospital after being rescued from a fire in the Castlereagh area.

Damage was caused in the blaze on Friday morning at the Braniel Estate on the Whincroft Road area.

Two adults, a man and a woman, were taken to hospital along with the young baby to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Police and emergency services attended the scene.

At this stage, police are not treating the fire as suspicious.

It is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The residents from the other properties, including a 90-year-old woman, were evacuated.

Meanwhile, in Co Fermanagh, firefighters are tackling a blaze in Enniskillen.

Townhall Street was closed for a time while the fire at a licensed premises brought under control.

© UTV News
Comments Comments
2 Comments
Maggie in East Belfast wrote (1,414 days ago):
Hope all are okay and thoughts with all the family for a speedy recovery for all involved
stevie in belfast wrote (1,414 days ago):
Hopefully everyone involved are ok especially the baby. Well done the firefighters for doing an excellent job as always.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Flash flooding
Thu 13 November 2014
I
Wed 12 November 2014
The X Factor Live: Week 4
Sat 01 November 2014