Published Friday, 16 August 2013
Hundreds protested at an anti-internment rally in Belfast last week. (© Presseye)
Around seven bands and 500 people are expected to take part in the parade led by the Henry Joy McCracken flute band on Sunday 25 August.
The parades watchdog ruled on Thursday that they will not be allowed to proceed past the junction of Victoria Parade and have been rerouted away from Clifton Street. They will make their way to the graveyard in the area of Henry Place via Carlisle Road and will make their return journey along the same route.
The Greater Concerned Residents Group Belfast and Concerned Residents Group Shankill, applied to hold coinciding protests at Clifton Street in north Belfast with up to 600 people planning to attend.
The restrictions imposed come after serious rioting broke out in the city last Friday as hundreds of loyalists clashed with police lines ahead of an anti-internment rally.
A total of 56 police officers were injured when pieces of scaffolding, bricks and steel guttering were thrown at them.
The Parades Commission said the determination "is set against the background of continuing local community tension".
The determination stated the restrictions on both the parade and protests were to "prevent disorder and to protect the human rights and freedoms of others".
"In making its determination, the Commission has accepted that there is a right of lawful and peaceful protest vested in those who legitimately object to the notified parade," the statement said.
"However there is neither right nor justification for unlawful or violent protest."
On the same day the Royal Black Institution will also be holding its annual Black Preceptory parade.
Around two bands and 300 people will take part in the annual procession.
© UTV News