You must carefully read and then accept the Terms and Conditions set out below before accessing and using www.u.tv (The Website).
By using the Website you agree to be legally bound by these conditions, which take effect immediately from the moment you first use it.
If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not access or use the Website and should refrain from accessing this Website in the future.
'Conditions' means these terms and conditions of use of our Website;
'We', 'us' or 'our' means UTV Media plc, a public limited company incorporated in Northern Ireland with registered number NI004230 and/or any of its subsidiary undertakings from time to time (the 'Group'), as applicable;
'You' and 'your' means the user of this Website; and
'Website' means this Website, including the UTV Player.
1. You may access all areas of this Website free of charge. Certain services on this Website may only be open to you if you register your details with us.
2. By accessing any part of this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Conditions in full, you must leave this Website immediately.
3. We may revise these Conditions at any time by updating this page. You should check the Website from time to time to review the current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of these Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages on this Website.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
4. You are permitted to print material and embed video content made available on this Website for your own use on the following basis:
4.1. No documents, videos or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way;
4.2. No graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and
4.3. No UTV Player programme and/or video are available for download due to copyright considerations. External websites can legally embed our video content using the 'UTV Everywhere' embed codes. Any other unauthorised redistribution of our content is illegal.
4.4. Our copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
4.5. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without our written permission.
5. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including, without limitation, photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors.
For the purposes of these Conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with paragraph 4 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these Conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
6. Subject to paragraph 4, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
7. Any rights not expressly granted in these Conditions are reserved.
8. While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
9. Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Access is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice.
10. We do not warrant that functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server are free of viruses or bugs (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
USER GENERATED MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
12. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
12.1.1. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial and sectarian hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
12.1.2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
12.1.3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
12.1.4. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
13. You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
14. We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of paragraph 12 or paragraph 13.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
15. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
16. The material on this Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these Conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
17. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which we may otherwise have to you, as a result of:
17.1. any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to our Website or any information on our Website;
17.2. the unavailability of our Website (or any part of it); or
17.3. any misrepresentation on or relating to our Website (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by us or on our behalf).
18. Under no circumstances will we (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any member of the Group) be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
18.1. loss of data;
18.2. loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
18.3. loss of business;
18.4. loss of opportunity;
18.5. loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
18.6. losses suffered by third parties; or
18.7. any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this Website regardless of the form of action.
19. Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials.
20. You agree that each of these limitations is reasonable having regard to the nature of our Website.
21. None of the exclusions or limitations above shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
22. None of the exclusions or limitations above shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
23. Each of the exclusions or limitations above shall be construed as a separate, and severable, provision of these Conditions.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
24. Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
25. You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, nor suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
26. The names, images and logos identifying the Group or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks owned by us and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppels or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Group or any other third party.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WEBSITE
27. The comment and message board sections of this Website are intended to be an area where you can read and engage in lively, rational discussion on any issue. We are keen for the section to promote honest and forthright discussion of issues and to allow people of all opinions to express their views, subject to you agreeing to our House Rules.
28. You retain all copyright in any information you post on this Website. On submitting your contribution you agree to grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide licence to use, copy, adapt, modify, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publish or display your contribution or any part thereof as we see fit.
29. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (including telephone number, home address or email address) through any postings on this Website.
30. If you enter a competition with us or one of our partners or sponsors through this Website or otherwise, then such competition will be governed by our competition Terms and Conditions. A copy of our Terms and Conditions appear on this Website. Additional rules specific to each competition will also apply and will be published on this Website (or such other place as shall be notified) on or before the commencement of each competition.
RIGHT OF AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION
31. We shall have the right to immediately suspend your access to our Website if you commit a breach of these Conditions, and the right to remove any material that we, at our sole discretion, consider to be defamatory, abusive or otherwise in breach of any of these Conditions.
32. You will indemnify and defend us against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Conditions or any use of our Website.
33. If any of these Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of law then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remainder of the Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and shall continue to be binding and enforceable.
35. We accept no responsibility for content which you may find unsuitable and cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused to your device(s) by our service. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
36. No waiver by us of any breach by you of any of these Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other breach, and no failure to exercise or partial exercise by us of any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy in part or in full.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
Updated Wednesday, 15 February 2012