The Magic Box Text Vote
The Magic Box is a co-production/simulcast between BBCNI and UTV to mark the final
switchover to digital. As part of the programme we are asking viewers to vote from
a series of 6 short clips for their favourite entertaining TV moment of the analogue
years in Northern Ireland television. We will be putting the clips on both BBCNI
and UTV websites. Viewers will be invited to vote via text using the BBCNI short
code. The result will be announced during the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- Viewers who are resident in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of
Man) can take part only by texting the keyword MAGIC and the letter corresponding
to their favourite from the TV moments online to 81771. Texts will
be charged at your standard message rate. Please seek the bill-payers permission
- Voting opens on 11th October 2012 at approximately 1200 and closes on 23rd October
2012 at approximately 2305. Any votes received outside the announced voting times,
or with any wording different to the key words above, will not count but will still
- Each viewer can only register one vote. Only one vote will be accepted from each
mobile telephone number. Any further votes will not count but you will still be
- This is not a competition and there will be no prize or any other reward for anyone
who registers a vote.
- UTV & the BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if
it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it
considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to
substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
- If, for any reason, the voting method fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency
plan may be actioned. In the unlikely event of a tie a contingency plan will be
- UTV and the BBC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. UTV and
the BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
- UTV and the BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept
any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other
problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider, postal operator,
provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered
- Please note that any UTV or BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected
in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible to vote.
- The voting accords with the BBC Code of Conduct Voting.
- The BBC will only collect your vote and phone number which will be handled in accordance
with the Data Protection Act 1998. The BBC will only use your personal details for
the purposes of administering this competition and will over ever keep your personal
information for as long as is necessary to fulfil those purposes. Please see the
What you need to know about Digital Switchover