Published Saturday, 07 April 2012
The ex-N-Dubz star was devastated after explicit footage, showing her performing a sex act on former partner Justin Edwards, appeared online last month.
She has now hit out at Edwards in an eight page witness statement as part of her bid to extend an injunction banning the tape from appearing online.
In court papers obtained by The Sun, the singer admits she fears the leak was part of Edward's plan to damage her career.
She writes: "He admitted taking footage of me on his mobile (phone) but said he deleted it before he sold the phone. I had, and still have, no recollection of such footage being taken. He became uncomfortable when I asked what the footage was. I was scared someone might have it.... I believe Justin Edwards is a manipulating and bitter man. He has a jealous vendetta against me. This video is part of a plan to damage my life and career. The impact on my health has been severe."
The court papers also reveal that Contostavlos was drunk when the tape was made: "I believe I must have been intoxicated at the time the video footage was taken. Now that I can see the video, I can see it is me in it.
"I must have been very drunk to let my then boyfriend Justin Edwards, who I also know features in the video, take the footage. The commentary on the website says that the video was taken in a public place. I can say for certain that it was not. It must have been in a private dressing room or toilet in a dressing room. My dressing room always had the door locked and there was security outside. It looks like I was at an N-Dubz gig."
Contostavlos is reportedly suing Edwards for £100,000 for breach of confidence and privacy. Edwards has denied leaking the footage.