Published Monday, 19 August 2013
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
- 200g wholegrain brown or basmati rice
- 4 medium sardines, cleaned
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- ½ cucumber, grated
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions
- 2 medium apples, any type, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Start by placing the sardines in a shallow dish and pour over half of the lemon juice and season with a little black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Now add the grated cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, apples, parsley, dill, lemon zest and remaining juice into the rice and season with black pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the fish for 5 to 10 minutes, turning once. Serve on top of the rice salad with lemon wedges.
If you've only ever tried tinned sardines, give this easy recipe a go - sardines are packed with vitamins and minerals and especially omega 3s and calcium.
Buy from a fishmonger and ask them to clean the sardines for you.
© UTV News