TM's Spinach, Feta & Strawberry Salad
Published Friday, 23 May 2014
Phil Vickery serves up the perfect recipe to start off a three course meal with a spinach, feta & strawberry salad - the strawberries add sweetness and the feta adds a creamy, savoury contrast.
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- ½ small red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
- 80g feta cheese, in small cubes
- 8 ripe but not soft strawberries, sliced lengthways into 4
- 2 tbsp lightly browned pine nuts
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Whisk for 20 seconds, then gradually add the oil, whisking to emulsify nicely.
- Next place the spinach, onion and cheese into a bowl and lightly mix together.
- Add the strawberries and JUST fold in, do not break them up.
- Spoon over half the dressing and season lightly and fold in.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle over the nuts and serve extra vinaigrette on the side.
- All must be a room temperature to get the best flavours out.
© UTV News