TM's Heavenly Lemon Cheesecake
Published Tuesday, 04 February 2014
Queen of cakes Mary Berry is in the This Morning kitchen to make a heavenly lemon cheesecake.
Mary Berry's heavenly lemon cheesecake. (© ITV)
- 20cm (8in) round loose-bottomed cake tin
- greased and base-lined with baking parchment
- 100g (3 ½ oz) ginger biscuits, crushed
- 50g (1 ¾ oz) butter, melted
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone
- 325g jar luxury lemon curd
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Mix the biscuits with the butter in a bowl, then press into the base of the tin (but not up the sides).
- Put the mascarpone, lemon curd, and lemon juice in a bowl and beat with a spatula until smooth.
- Spoon on to the biscuit base and level the top. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours to firm up.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake form the tin, peel off the baking parchment, and arrange on a platter. Decorate with the fruit and dust with icing sugar.
Mary's top tips:
Great for a crowd
You can make up to three cheesecakes in one go (but take care not to overbeat the mixture at step 2).
If you're making more cheesecakes than that, prepare them in separate batches.
The cheesecake can be made up to the end of step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Not suitable for freezing.
© UTV News