Published Thursday, 13 February 2014
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
Chocolate and honeycomb tart
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 quantity sweet pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 390ml double cream
- 25g liquid glucose
- 365g good-quality dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 85g unsalted butter, diced
- 75g honeycomb, crushed to a powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Remove the pastry dough from the fridge and, leaving it between two pieces of greaseproof paper, roll out a disc to a slightly larger circle than a 20 centimetre tart tin. Use the pastry to line the tin and then bake blind in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans from the pastry and return the tart to the oven for a further five to 10 minutes. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and dry either at room temperature or in the preheated oven for two minutes. Make sure the tart is properly cooled before adding the filling.
- While the tart is cooling, pour the cream and the glucose into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour the cream on to the chocolate pieces in a bowl and whisk together until the chocolate has completely melted. Whisk in the diced butter and then pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case. Transfer to the fridge to chill for at least two hours, preferably overnight. Serve at room temperature topped with the honeycomb powder.
Variation: You could add a dash of cognac to the chocolate mixture to give it a boozy kick.
© UTV News