Published Friday, 27 September 2013
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
- 4 chicken legs (cut through the joint to separate drumsticks and thighs)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp eau de vie (or Cognac)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 whole fennel (diced)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Crushed black pepper (to taste)
- ½ garlic bulb
- 1 courgette (diced)
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 3 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 350ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp cornflour (mixed with 2 tsp cold water)
- 1 tbsp mixed olives
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Pasta or brown basmati rice (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (fan), 180ºC (non-fan), or gas mark 4.
- To Seal the chicken: In a deep pan with a lid, heat a little oil and sauté the chicken legs to seal and colour them. Set aside the chicken and pour off the excess fat from the pan. Return to the heat.
- For the sauce: Pour the eau de vie into the pan, heat for 30 seconds, then ignite to flambé. Add the shallots, yellow pepper, fennel, rosemary, black pepper and garlic, then sauté for 10 minutes. At the last minute, add the courgettes with the torn basil and cover with a lid.
- To cook the chicken and serve: Return the chicken to the pan, add the tomatoes, white wine and cornflour. Cover and put into the oven for 20 minutes or more (depending on the size of the chicken). Just before serving, place back on the hob and introduce the olives. Stir in the mustard, but do not let it boil.
- Serve: Perfect with pasta or boiled brown basmati rice.
The cooking times will need to be adjusted according to the size of the chicken legs used for this recipe.
© UTV News