TM's BBQ Fish with avocado
Published Thursday, 19 June 2014
As Phil Vickery and Alison Hammond continue their Brazilian journey, they leave the city behind and head for the beaches, where Phil makes a banana, avocado, garlic and fish BBQ dish.
TM's BBQ Fish with avocado. (© ITV)
Depends on the fish but approx. 12-15 minutes.
BBQ whole fish with avocado, bananas and garlic
- 1 kg whole fish, scaled and pre gutted, fins also removed with a pair of sharp scissors
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 springs coriander
- 2-3 spring onions, whole
- 4 slices fresh lime or lemon
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- juice 3 large limes
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Cut a small sliver off the bottom so they sit nice and securely.
- Score across and lengthways - don't cut all the way to the skin.
- Heat the honey, do not burn and sauté the banana with a little salt until nicely coloured and slightly soft.
- Add the chopped garlic, a little parsley, some seasoning and a touch of lime juice
- Cook the fish over the barbeque - the golden rule is to make sure the bars and fish are well oiled and then sprinkled with a little salt and pepper.
- Stuff with the coriander, rosemary and the spring onion into the side of the fish
- Pop the fish on the bbq - it will take about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Fill the halved avocados with the banana mixture and top with large flakes of the bar b qued fish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
© UTV News