St Patrick's Day beef hash and a pint
Published Monday, 17 March 2014
Tom Parker-Bowles takes to the This Morning kitchen to rustle up beef hash, served with a poached egg and a pint of Guinness, to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
Tom Parker-Bowles is cooking up a storm for St Patrick's Day. (© Rex Features)
- 400g cold beef (leftover roast best, but you could also use chopped steak) roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 spring onions
- 1 chilli (jalapeno good, or green finger chilli), finely chopped
- 4 leftover cold roast potatoes, roughly smashed or 2 big cooked floury potatoes, roughly mashed
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, fried until crisp, then crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- handful of chopped parsley
- big pinch salt
- big jig Tabasco
- lots of fresh black pepper
- walnut sized lump of butter
- glug of olive oil
- 4 soft poached eggs
- Heat oil in frying pan over a medium heat and soften the onions and chillies, for about 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix beef, onion/chilli mix, potatoes, bacon, eggs, parsley, salt, Tabasco and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties and fry in butter until crisp and golden.
- Top with poached egg. Serve with a pint of Guinness.
© UTV News