Phil Vickery's Tuna Frittata
Published Monday, 07 July 2014
This Morning chef Phil Vickery cooks up a delicious dish of a tasty tuna frittata with pea and tomato salad that's ideal for a summer supper and will provide left overs for lunch.
Baked one-pot potato, herb and tuna frittata
- 100mls olive oil
- 500g -600g cooked potatoes, skin on cut into slices
- 1 large red onion sliced very finely
- 2 x 185g cans tuna, drained
- 200g cooked Basmati grain rice (microwavable 1 sachet is perfect, re heat first though)
- 6 medium eggs
- 250mls milk (half pint roughly)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- 150g frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or tarragon, roughly chopped
- 50g mature cheddar
- Pre heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized deep non stick frying pan, add half the potato slices overlapping slightly.
- Cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
- Sprinkle on the raw onion and tuna fish chunks evenly.
- Sprinkle over the warmed, cooked rice.
- Top with the rest of the cooked potato.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, olive oil, oregano and then season well.
- Pour over the potato mixture, and place in the hot oven until risen and set, about 10-12 minutes.
- When cooked remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make up the salad by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Invert the cooked potato cake onto a plate and cut into wedges, serve hot or cold with a sprinkle of cheese and the tomato salad.
© UTV News