Phil Vickery's Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Published Friday, 09 May 2014
Phil Vickery takes to the This Morning kitchen to make his turkey burgers, stuffed with a melting Gruyere filling and with a tomato relish, plus a carrot and courgette raita salad.
This Morning's Phil Vickery. (© Rex Features)
Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- 500g minced turkey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp shop bought mayo
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 150g Gruyere cheese cut into small slices
- 4 tbsp oil
- ground white pepper
For the relish:
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- ½ small red onion, very finely chopped
- ½ small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- juice 1 large lime
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sugar
- Place the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Mix really well, then add the seasonings, and bread crumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten, once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties, then place a small piece of cheese in the centre and reform into a ball and flatten.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, than add the burgers, cook for a couple of minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Make up the relish and serve with the burgers.
Carrot Courgette Raita Salad
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 2 medium courgettes, grated finely
- 85g raisins
- pinch chilli powder
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 large limes
- 150g thick natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Place the courgette into a colander and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Leave for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then squeeze out gently any water.
- Place the grated courgette along with the carrot, raisins, chilli powder and sugar together, mix well.
- Add the lime juice and zest, salt and natural yogurt, mix well.
- Spoon the yogurt mix to the grated carrot mixture a really mix well.
- Serve with the burgers.
© UTV News