Phil Vickery's Pot Roast Chicken
Published Friday, 28 February 2014
Phil Vickery takes to the This Morning kitchen to make a pot roasted chicken with roast garlic mayonnaise, along with purple sprouting broccoli with tarragon and anchovy, and not forgetting the all important roast spuds!
This Morning's Phil Vickery. (© Ken McKay)
- 1 x 1kg chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 head fresh garlic
- 1 x 10g chicken stock cube
- 1 medium glass water
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 1 medium jar mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken granules
- Heat the oven to 220° C gas 7.
- Place the chicken onto a board, season well inside and out.
- Place into a deep large, casserole dish - season well with salt and pepper and a dash of any oil.
- Place the dish uncovered into the oven and cook the chicken for 15 minutes to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic, stock cube, water and bring to the boil on the stove - add the lid and place back in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to one hour (do not over-cook).
- Meanwhile, cut the two heads of garlic in half horizontally and place on scrunched foil and bake alongside the chicken until soft and well coloured. Probably 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool. Mix the cooled garlic, squeezed from the bulb, into the mayonnaise and mix with the chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.
- When the chicken is cooked, lift out carefully, place in a bowl and cover with cling film - leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the stove, add a little more boiling water, re-boil and thicken with a few granules - keep warm.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the garlic mayo.
© UTV News