Gino D'Acampo's Healthy Italian Pizza
Published Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Gino D'Acampo rustles up another healthy Italian meal - proving to everyone that you can still enjoy food without the guilt, with his delicious pizza topped with mozzarella, mushrooms and ham.
Eamonn and Ruth help Gina in the This Morning kitchen. (© Ken McKay)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 140ml warm water
- 180g strong plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
For the topping:
- 400g passata (bottled sieved tomatoes)
- 1 mozzarella ball, drained and cut into little cubes
- 8 leaves of fresh basil
- 6 slices of lean cook ham, cut into stripes
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 20 pitted green olives, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the dough, mix the salt and yeast together in a jug with the water. Place the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and add the water mixture, along with the oil. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything well to create a wet dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a clean well-floured surface and work it with your hands for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl and cover with a tea-towel.
- Leave at room temperature to rest for at least 30 minutes until the dough nearly doubles in size.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 220ºC/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and, on a medium heat, cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Once rested, turn out the dough onto a floured surface, and divide it into two. Use your hands to push each out from the centre, creating two round discs about 25cm in diameter. Place the pizza bases on two oiled baking trays.
- Spread the sieved tomatoes on top of the pizza dough using a tablespoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mozzarella, mushrooms and olives between the 2 pizzas and drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Cook in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and brown.
- Two minutes before the end of the cooking, scatter over the ham and the basil and continue to cook.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Capricciosa.
Calories: 434 Fat: 22.5g Saturated Fat: 6.8g Sugars: 5.7g Salt: 3.1g
© UTV News