The 71-year-old was airlifted to hospital on Thursday after he was crushed by a hydraulic door while filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood studios in Buckinghamshire, England.Reports suggest his ankle was fractured as the door of the film's iconic Millennium Falcon, in which his character Han Solo flew in the original trilogy, fell on his leg.A spokesman for Thames Valley police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door."The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening."Bosses at the Health and Safety Executive, which oversees procedures in the workplace, have confirmed they are looking into the incident.A spokesperson said: "We have been made aware of an incident at Pinewood Studios and are making initial enquiries."A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care."Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford.The movie is set for release in December next year.