Colin Carberry and Glenn Patterson have been shortlisted for the Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer category.
Good Vibrations tells the story of music fanatic Terri Hooley, played by Richard Dormer, who opens a record store in Belfast during the height of the Troubles.
The film, which was partly funded by NI Screen, received huge critical acclaim upon its release.
Carberry and Patterson will compete against four other writers, directors and producers for the award with the winner announced at a star-studded ceremony in London on 16 February.
Leading the nominations for this year's BAFTA Awards is Alfonso Cuaron's space drama Gravity.
The film is nominated in the best film and outstanding British film categories, while Cuaron is up for best director and the film's star Sandra Bullock is nominated for best actress.
Steve McQueen's 12 Years A Slave has continued its award season success by picking up 10 nominations.
The movie, which is heavily tipped for the Oscars, picked up nominations for McQueen and three of its stars and is in the running to be named best film.
Chiwetel Ejiofor who plays a free man kidnapped and sold into slavery in America's deep south, is nominated for the leading actor gong while co-stars Lupita Nyong'o and Michael Fassbender are nominated for supporting actress and actor respectively.
British actor Chiwetel said: "I continue to be immensely proud of the recognition this film is getting around the world.
There is something particularly special about receiving a BAFTA nomination from home.
Chiwetel Ejiofor, best actor nominee
The actor faces competition from veteran Bruce Dern for his role in Nebraska and Hollywood stars Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.
Dame Judi Dench is also nominated for the leading actress award for her role in Philomena which is based on the true story of a woman's search for the son she was forced to give up for adoption in 1950s Ireland.
Alongside Bullock, she is in the running with American Hustle's Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, and Emma Thompson.
Other nominees for best supporting actor include Bradley Cooper and Matt Damon along with Captain Phillips star Barkhad Abdi and Daniel Bruhl who played Niki Lauda in Formula 1 film Rush.
Also recognised was American chatshow host Oprah Winfrey who is nominated for best supporting actress for her role in The Butler.
That category also sees Jennifer Lawrence and Julia Roberts nominated along with Sally Hawkins for her role in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine.
Comic and actor Steve Coogan is nominated for best adapted screenplay for his work with Jeff Pope on Philomena.
He said: "Philomena has been a labour of love. To make a film with the very best people, where comedy and pathos sit side by side is not easy.
"We all wanted to make something sincere and uncynical without being naive. To have it acknowledged by BAFTA is very satisfying."
Best Best Film
- 12 Years A Slave
- American Hustle
- Captain Phillips
Best Leading Actor
- Bruce Dern for Nebraska
- Chiwetel Ejiofor for 12 Years A Slave
- Christian Bale for American Hustle
- Leonardo DiCaprio for The Wolf Of Wall Street
- Tom Hanks for Captain Phillips
Best Leading Actress
- Amy Adams for American Hustle
- Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine
- Emma Thompson for Saving Mr Banks
- Judi Dench for Philomena
- Sandra Bullock for Gravity
Best Supporting Actor
- Barkhad Abdi for Captain Phillips
- Bradley Cooper for American Hustle
- Daniel Bruhl for Rush
- Matt Damon for Behind The Candelabra
- Michael Fassbender for 12 Years A Slave
Best Supporting Actress
- Jennifer Lawrence for American Hustle
- Julia Roberts for August: Osage County
- Lupita Nyong'o for 12 Years A Slave
- Oprah Winfrey for The Butler
- Sally Hawkins for Blue Jasmine
- Steve McQueen for 12 Years A Slave
- David O.Russell for American Hustle
- Paul Greengrass for Captain Phillips
- Alfonso Cuaron for Gravity
- Martin Scorsese for The Wolf Of Wall Street
Outstanding British Film
- Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom
- Saving Mr Banks
- The Selfish Giant
Outstanding Debut by a British writer, director or producer
- Colin Carberry and Glenn Patterson for Good Vibrations
- Kelly Marcel for Saving Mr Banks
- Kieran Evans for Kelly + Victor
- Paul Wright and Polly Stokes for For Those In Peril
- Scott Graham for Shell
Best Animated Film
- Despicable Me 2
- Monsters University
Best Original Screenplay
- Eric Warren Singer and David O. Russell for American Hustle
- Woody Allen for Blue Jasmine
- Alfonso and Jonas Cuaron for Gravity
- Joel and Ethan Coen for Inside Llewyn Davis
- Bob Nelson for Nebraska
Best Adapted Screenplay
- John Ridley for 12 Years A Slave
- Richard LaGravenese for Behind The Candelabra
- Billy Ray for Captain Phillips
- Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope for Philomena
- Terence Winter for The Wolf Of Wall Street