Published Monday, 30 June 2014
Carl Frampton and Kiko Martínez are set to go head-to-head again in September. (© Pacemaker)
Frampton and Martínez will go head-to head once again on 6 September, this time with the IBF super-bantamweight belt on the line.
Last time the pair clashed, back in February last year, Frampton KO'ed his opponent in the 9th round to win the European title.
That battle was staged at the Odyssey Arena, but it has already been revealed that this fight will be at an open-air venue and will aim to accommodate up to 20,000 fans.
There has been much speculation on the issue, with Ravenhill and Seaview among the possibilities.
Playing his cards close to his chest until the planned press conference on Tuesday, promoter Barry McGuigan told UTV a lot of effort had gone into finding the perfect place to stage the big fight.
"We have worked tirelessly to secure the most incredible venue that will match - we believe - an incredible fight," he said.
The presser will also see Frampton and Martínez meet face-to-face for the first time since their last encounter in the ring.
"We want as many people as possible to come down and see them head-to-head and to support Frampton," McGuigan added.
The venue will be announced at Titanic Belfast at 1pm on Tuesday.
© UTV News