Published Thursday, 27 March 2014
Luke Marshall talks to UTV. (© UTV)
The 23-year-old centre suffered a blow to the head against the Dragons at Ravenhill at the start of the month.
It came after Marshall missed out on Ireland's tour to North America last year, after picking up three concussions in as many games - two as an Ireland player in last year's Six Nations and one playing for Ulster in their Heineken Cup semi-final defeat to Saracens.
That means Marshall has sustained four concussions in less than 12 months and rugby fans have been concerned about his future.
I know there've been quite a lot of them, but I haven't had any symptoms from them - no headaches or blurry vision which is always a good sign.
"As soon as it happened and I went back into the medical room, I was pretty worried - it's the most worried I've been," Marshall confessed.
"I just thought: 'Not another one ...' That's four now in the last year and I thought in my head maybe this could be it at 23.
"But I've recovered now and got through 80 minutes in Edinburgh last weekend feeling fine."
Marshall says he has spoken to his parents and the medical staff about his health.
"My mum was pretty worried after it happened. She rushed down from the stands. My dad says the knocks to the head I've received have been bad luck," he said.
"I just hope now the bad luck will stop and I'll get a clean bill of health for a while. The medical staff aren't too worried about it either because I haven't had any side effects."
© UTV News