Published Tuesday, 19 June 2012
Up to 10,000 passes for the 27 June celebration were offered to the public on Ticketmaster from 9am on Tuesday morning.
Applicants were able to claim up to five free tickets each - and demand was so high that the entire batch was snapped up within just six minutes.
However some of the tickets have now appeared online with prices as high as £2,500 for four.
The Northern Ireland Office says it is trying to release another round of tickets for the party, which takes place during the Queen's two day visit to the region.
A spokesperson said: "We recognise a number of people may be disappointed, and we are examining with the Stormont Estate authorities and the PSNI whether there is scope for any additional allocation of tickets, but there will be health and safety constraints."
"Our overwhelming priority is that those attending the event have a memorable, enjoyable and safe day."
A further 10,000 representatives from groups including youth organisations, emergency services and government departments have also been invited to the party.
Callers to U105 told Frank Mitchell they were disappointed not to get tickets. Sarah said she had been on the phone to Ticketmaster from 8.50am.
She said she was told to press option one, "then they're saying this number is faulty and it would not let me ring through. Then I did get through and it said the tickets aren't available".
Tickets were also made available on the Ticketmaster website, but caller Tracey logged off empty handed.
"I have been online since before 9 o'clock this morning and I would love to know how many were actually available online," she told U105.
Earlier this month Buckingham Palace took the unusual step of revealing when the Queen would visit the region.
Secretary of State Owen Paterson and First Minister Peter Robinson welcomed the Diamond Jubilee celebration, with Mr Robinson adding: "It is fitting that such a celebration should take place in the Stormont Estate."
However deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said Sinn Féin had been "surprised" by the announcement of the party, with Culture Minister Carál Ni Chuilín remarking that Sinn Féin had not been consulted.
© UTV News