Published Saturday, 07 September 2013
Hazelwood Integrated College says there has been a lot of disruption since the new accommodation was closed by the board over planning issues.
Still locked out, some pupils are now taking their IT class in their principal's office.
Representatives recently met with officials from BELB to try and resolve the dispute over the newly-built mobile classrooms.
Vice Principal Maurice Fitzsimons said: "From an operational point of view, I am on a daily basis displacing 15, 16 teachers hour by hour, it is taking me away from my other duties which I should be doing as the deputy principal of the school.
"But I think it is important that we have a very speedy resolution to this. It will affect the performance of our children."
The board says the mobiles were erected without proper planning and claims there are health and safety issues - so they padlocked the gates to the new accommodation
The school claims building and planning had been approved.
Clare Mangan, Chief Executive of BELB said: "The purpose of the meeting was to establish clearly what the respective parties needed to do in order to progress this issue.
"I think that on balance at the end of the meeting, each party was clear in terms of the specific pieces of work or actions that they were required to do between now and the next meeting."
There are currently 838 pupils with 55 special needs students at Hazelwood.
Another meeting will take place on Monday to try to find a resolution to this dispute but those involved believe it could take some time to resolve.
© UTV News