Published Saturday, 30 October 2010
Nine appliances were sent to the site on Mill Avenue after the fire was reported at around 8am on Saturday.
Fire Service area commander Dale Ashford said it was a fairly "protracted incident".
Residents living between Sion Mills and Strabane were urged to take precautions for a time, because of the high volume of smoke being generated.
But the Fire Service now says that the volume of smoke has "reduced considerably".
In a statement the NIFRS said while "appliances will be there for a while there is no longer any need to stay inside and keep doors and windows closed."
© UTV News