Published Thursday, 20 December 2012
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
Relatives of the 14 people who died when British paratroopers shot civil rights marchers in Londonderry in 1972 heard from senior PSNI commanders on Thursday.
Plans to hold a police investigation into the deaths had previously been revealed, after the Saville inquiry found in 2010 that victims had been shot without justification by members of the Parachute regiment.
Lord Saville, who headed the probe, apologised to victims' families and assured them the deaths would be examined.
PSNI Deputy Chief Constable Judith Gillespie and Assistant Chief Constable Drew Harris told families the investigation, which is expected to last four years, will be "lengthy and complex".
"Senior police met a delegation in Derry today representing some of the victims killed on Bloody Sunday," said a PSNI spokeswoman.
Police have also undertaken to provide updates to surviving victims and all the families who lost relatives on Bloody Sunday through the course of the investigation which will be lengthy and complex.
"Following consultation earlier this year with the Public Prosecution Service, officers provided an outline of the processes involved and the challenges posed by a criminal investigation into the events of 30 January 1972.
"The delegation was informed about the appointment from Serious Crime Branch of a senior investigating officer and the allocation of resources to create an investigation team which will begin work in the new year."
The Bloody Sunday Report heard from over 900 witnesses and took 12 years to complete, but police say those witnesses may have to come forward again, as testimony given for the Saville Inquiry cannot be used as evidence in criminal proceedings.
"For the investigation to be as comprehensive and effective as possible, police will be asking for public support in the form of witnesses who gave evidence to the Saville Inquiry now making statements to detectives," explained a PSNI spokeswoman.