Published Friday, 21 January 2011
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
Twelve-year-old Correy Wisdom was playing with friends in the park, as he did every day, when he inhaled the deadly fumes.
Two passers-by tried in vain to resuscitate the boy, but he was taken by ambulance to the Royal Victoria Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The inquest revealed that a substance called toluene - a volatile solvent found in petrol, paint and adhesives.
When inhaled it upsets heart rhythm and, in the majority of cases, death can be very rapid.
Summing up the case, Coroner Suzanne Anderson said she was sure Correy did not realise the potential consequences of his actions. She added that she hoped other children would be aware of the dangers of solvent abuse.
Gary McMichael from drugs and alcohol charity Ascent told UTV: "Unfortunately, about 8% of school-age children will inhale solvents at some point.
"But there are opportunities out there - there are services funded by the Public Health Agency across Northern Ireland to support young people and to support family members where drug, alcohol and solvent abuse is concern."