Published Saturday, 28 June 2014
Organisers of Saturday evening's parade said that, as their intention was to dedicate an arch on Victoria Terrace, going ahead with the procession was pointless.
Earlier this week, the Parades Commission moved to reverse its decision to allow the Parkmount Arch Committee to proceed past Victoria Terrace.
It reviewed its original determination after nationalist residents said that they consider the street to be part of the Garvaghy Road - which the Orange Order has been banned from marching along since 1998.
In a statement, Parkmount Arch Committee accused the Parades Commission of increasing tensions in the area due to its "backtrack".
"Some may see this as a climb down we see it as only the start of our fight to ensure that the Parkmount Arch is dedicated correctly," a statement said.
"The Arch committee is committed to getting the answers to our questions and will use every avenue open to us in this mission."
© UTV News