Published Friday, 19 October 2012
He hit out after being told that the priest has left the jurisdiction for a year.
The man, known as 'Declan', said he was abused at Rubane House near Kircubbin, which opened in 1950 and closed in 1985 - with its reputation by then in tatters.
He told UTV: "From 1964 for just over five years I was physically and sexually abused by the brothers."
The Kincora sex scandal led there in 1980 as did the Fr Brenda Smyth inquiry in 1994.
He was a frequent visiting abuser.
This is Declan's third attempt to secure criminal convictions against his abusers although he got a £35,000 civil settlement in 2006.
"Which I duly gave away because it was dirty money," he explained.
"I didn't want money...I wanted justice."
But he was angry when the police currently investigating the De la Salle order again telephoned him with information about the brother in question.
"They informed me that a brother I was abused by is no longer in the jurisdiction," said Declan.
"He has left the country and they said he has left for a year."
De la Salle Brother Pius McCarthy, the superior at the Order's Dublin headquarters, said the brother was America on a course and would be back in a few months.
He denied the PSNI had been in touch with allegations against the brother.
Sex abuse campaigner Margaret McGuckin said she is concerned about the impact on the historical abuse inquiry.
"I was quite shocked when this gentleman phoned me," she told UTV.
Also astonished was 'Padraig' who has been told that another de La Salle brother he says abused him is currently beyond reach in Dublin.
H says it will impact on the historical abuse inquiry.
"Actually it leaves the inquiry that it's not a proper inquiry," said Padraig. "It leaves the inquiry it is an absolute sham."
Last month De la Salle brother Francis Manning gave an assurance at Stormont.
Bernard Manning said: "As an order we welcome this inquiry.
"And we trust that it will be comprehensive and provide a source of comfort and closure for all concerned."
The police will only say they are involved in an ongoing investigation into the De la Salle order.
© UTV News