Published Friday, 13 April 2012
The fire broke out on the first floor of the mid-terrace building at Point Street, Larne, at around 11.30pm on Thursday.
A NIFRS spokesperson said the blaze was "well alight on arrival of fire crews."
"The cause of the fire is under investigation."
No one was injured in the incident.
Alliance Larne Councillor John Mathews has expressed his shock at the fire.
"Our local newspapers are incredibly valuable to community life and I know that many, like myself, will be shocked by this fire," he said.
"My thoughts go out to the staff at the Larne Times, whose work is invaluable to the area. I am certain that they will be stronger and better once they get up and running again."
Detectives are appealing for information following the incident.
Anyone who noticed any supicious activity in the Point Street area shortly before midnight on Thursday, is asked to contact detectives in the town.
© UTV News