Metro bus catches fire

Published Wednesday, 04 December 2013
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

A Metro bus has been badly damaged in a fire just outside Glengormley.

Metro bus catches fire
A metro bus caught fire on Wednesday afternoon. (© UTV)

It happened close to the entrance of Belfast Zoo, on the Antrim Road, just after 2pm on Wednesday.

Translink has said a number of passengers were on the bus at the time but there are no reports of any injuries.

It's understood the fire may have been caused by a mechanical fault.

The road was closed for a period while two fire engines attended and brought the blaze under control.

The Fire Service says the blaze was caused by 'accidental ignition.'

© UTV News
Comments Comments
0 Comments
No comments. Be the first to comment.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Larne
Mon 31 March 2014
Fatal shooting in west Belfast
Sat 19 April 2014
Carrick disturbances
Fri 11 April 2014