Published Monday, 03 February 2014
After ten days of evidence, the prosecution has completed its closing speech to the jury.
The trial has been told the men - two brothers and a family friend - deny more than 50 charges of rape, gross indecency and child cruelty.
The allegations against them date back to the 1990s and come from the son and daughter of one of the defendants.
They have alleged they were subjected to years of horrendous sex abuse starting when they were just six and seven.
A prosecuting barrister said the alleged victims had no reason to invent a story that they'd been subjected to a catalogue of serious sexual abuse by the three defendants - one of whom is their father.
The lawyer said the men wished the jury to believe the alleged victims had concocted wicked lies against them.
He said: "The evidence clearly shows that these three defendants used the alleged victims as objects for the gratification of their own sexual desires."
He pointed out that two of the defendants had previously abused their own sister when she was a young child.
"This is relevant because those convictions show a propensity to commit offences of this kind."
Defence barristers will complete their closing speeches on Tuesday.
The jury of six women and men is expected to consider its verdict on Wednesday.
© UTV News