Published Monday, 09 July 2012
The scene of the gig in Dublin's Phoenix Park where nine young men were stabbed. (© PA)
Raymond Donnan, from Greenfort Crescent in Clondalkin, appeared before the District Court in a grey tracksuit.
A detective told the court Donnan had been arrested in Phoenix Park shortly before 10pm on Saturday night and taken to Blanchardstown Garda Station.
The accused was said to have made no reply when charged on Sunday with a total of five offences - assault causing harm to another man, possession of a knife, violent disorder and two breaches of the Public Order Act.
At Monday's hearing, the judge was told there is an objection to bail and proceedings were suspended until later in the day.
Nine people - all young men in their late teens or early twenties - were stabbed in separate incidents during the concert and at least one is understood to remain in a critical condition.
The Irish justice minister is being called on to form a special taskforce, amid fears such incidents are becoming all too frequent in the Republic's capital.
"This is the latest in a large number of incidents we have had in Dublin in the last couple of weeks," Fianna Fáil Justice spokesman Dara Calleary said.
"It seems that every weekend there is a serious outbreak of public disorder and indeed during the week as well.
"We need to avoid our capital city getting a no-go reputation and the minister needs to act now to stop that from happening."
In a separate incident at the same event on Saturday, a man died from a suspected drug overdose.
About 30 people were arrested during the evening for minor public order and drugs offences.
Gardaí searching for a 19-year-old girl, who has been reported missing after attending the gig, have confirmed that she has been found safe and well.
Aoife Finan from Cobh in Co Cork hadn't been seen since about 11pm on Saturday.
She has since been located in the county.
In a statement, Swedish House Mafia said they had "no idea" the attacks had happened.
"We didn't see anything but have asked for all the info and are respectful of the promoter's need to wait and give us all the clear facts.
"When we know more we will liaise with the Festival promoter directly on what we can do to help but for now we have to respect their request to us that we remain quiet and respectful of their event safety processes."
The group said they have asked for all the promoter to give them more information and will deal with it "in the best way we can".