Man critical after costume fire

Published Thursday, 01 November 2012
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

A young man is in a critical condition after his Halloween fancy dress costume caught fire in Galway.

Man critical after costume fire
Gardaí are investigating the incident in Galway. (© Getty)

The man, who is in his 20s, was socialising at a nightclub on Abbeygate Street in the early hours of Thursday morning when the incident happened.

He was rushed to University College Hospital Galway where he remains in a critical condition.

A spokesperson for An Garda Síochána said they were investigating.

Elsewhere in the Republic, a 12-year-old boy received second degree burns to his face, neck and hands after a firework hit him in Tallaght, Dublin.

A 26-year-old woman received facial injuries in a separate incident in Tallaght after an explosion at a bonfire.

Dublin Fire Brigade received 1,600 calls over the Halloween period - 174 of these were to tackle fires in the city.

© UTV News
Comments Comments
0 Comments
No comments. Be the first to comment.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Larne
Mon 31 March 2014
Carrick disturbances
Fri 11 April 2014
President Higgins visits UK
Tue 08 April 2014