Man charged over Robinson death threat

Published Wednesday, 12 December 2012
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

A 34-year-old man has been charged with making threats to kill First Minister Peter Robinson.

Man charged over Robinson death threat
A man is due to appear in court over a threat made to the First Minister. (© Pacemaker)

It is understood the alleged threat was made by phone.

The man will appear at Newtownards Magistrates on Thursday, over the offences which also include improper use of a public electronic communications network.

On Tuesday the DUP leader revealed that two senior party members had received death threats.

Jeffrey Donaldson, MP for Lagan Valley said he had been informed of a serious threat directed towards him, his family and colleague, Lagan Valley MLA and Health Minister Edwin Poots.

Mr Donaldson said he was "appalled" but would not be intimidated by threats.

Last week East Belfast MP Naomi Long was also threatened after the Alliance amendment reducing the number of days the Union Flag flies over City Hall was passed.

© UTV News
Comments Comments
0 Comments
No comments. Be the first to comment.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]
BRIAN ROWAN
Twenty years ago there was something said but not really heard.
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Larne
Mon 31 March 2014
Carrick disturbances
Fri 11 April 2014
President Higgins visits UK
Tue 08 April 2014