Published Tuesday, 22 October 2013
Flag protests caused disruption to trade over the Christmas period last year. (© Pacemaker)
The parade, organised by Loyal Peaceful Protesters, is scheduled to take place through the city centre on Saturday 30 November.
On Tuesday, UTV revealed that the initial application for the parade planned on one of the busiest days in the run-up to Christmas had been withdrawn.
In the application to the Parades Commission the group said 40 bands would take part in the event with around 5,000 participants.
The Parades Commission said the application was withdrawn on Sunday evening.
However, organisers have said they intend to submit new papers stating that more people will be taking part in the event.
A Parades Commission spokesman said no new application had been submitted to the watchdog on Tuesday afternoon.
Business representatives have appealed to organisers to hold off protesting in the run-up to Christmas after rioting devastated trade during the festive period last year.
The CBI said the disruption cost traders around £15m in lost business.
First Minister Peter Robinson also warned of the potential damage fresh protests could have on trade during, what is traditionally, the busiest period of the year for businesses.
Meanwhile Justice Minister David Ford said political leaders must take "collective responsibility" to urge protest organisers to call them off.
Loyalists staged a series of protests after Belfast City Council took the decision to fly the Union Flag at City Hall on designated days in December last year.
A weekly protest is still being held outside the gates of City Hall on Saturday afternoon.
© UTV News