Published Friday, 16 August 2013
The 33-year-old from Killyleagh in Co Down, who has scored 34 goals for his country, denied the charge of assault that stemmed from an incident in May last year.
In the hearing at Laganside Magistrates' Court in Belfast on Friday the judge said he could not be sure of the reliability of the evidence of the alleged victim.
Healy walked free after District Judge Peter King added that he could not be sure the allegations were part of a continuing campaign against the former Rangers star.
The judge said: "Quite clearly there is one key issue and that is the credibility of one person."
Speaking outside the court Healy, who was recently released by Bury FC, said he is glad and relieved the case is all over, adding that the past year has been difficult.
"I am just glad it is all done and that I can get on with my life," he said.
"It has been hard when people falsely accuse you of something. Today I have been acquitted and I am delighted."
© UTV News