Published Tuesday, 07 August 2012
The Sinn Féin president said those with information should come forward. (© UTV)
Mr Adams said he recently met the Commission for the Location of Victims Remains.
"In recent years the remains of nine people have been recovered by the Independent Commission for the Location of Victims Remains, An Garda Siochana and the experts and staff who have been brought in to assist in this work," he said.
"The remains of seven victims have still to be recovered.
"It is vitally important that those charged with this difficult task have all the information possible to make their efforts a success."
Mr Adams, who has previously rejected claims of involvement in the disappearances, said the onus is on anyone with information to come forward to authorities.
He continued: "If there is any other information available which might help I am appealing again for those with it to now bring it forward.
"I want to commend and support all the families who have suffered a grievous injustice and who have campaigned with dignity for many years to locate the remains of their loved ones.
"I also want to acknowledge once again the grave injustice inflicted upon these families and to express my deep regret about this.
"I want to thank everyone who has worked to help the families. They deserve our full support. The suffering of all of these families have gone on too long.
"They have a fundamental right to bury their loved ones and there is an onus on everyone to help bring this about."