Published Saturday, 18 August 2012
Crowds watched the bands parade through Rasharkin. (© UTV)
Police said the march passed off without major incident, however a "tiny minority" of those in attendance were involved in trouble.
Commander Chief Superintendent Chris Noble said: "Four arrests were made during the policing operation ranging from assault on police to public order offences however this comprised a tiny minority of those in attendance."
Hundreds turned out to watch the Ballymaconnelly Sons of Conquerors Flute Band march through the Co Antrim village.
Around 100 people carried posters and blew horns in protest.
It followed a Parades Commission decision to allow 25 bands to march in the parade, almost half the usual number.
Parade organisers had challenged the ruling but it was upheld in court earlier on Friday.
Sinn Féin welcomed the verdict while the DUP said marchers' rights had not been upheld, however both parties called for the peaceful passing of the parade.
The PSNI thanked those involved in ensuring the evening was largely incident free.
Mr Noble continued: "We would like to thank the parade organisers and local residents for their role in ensuring the parade this evening passed off without any major incident.
"This was a large and complex policing operation, which officers delivered in a personal, proportionate and professional manner. I would like to thank my officers for their efforts in enabling the event to pass off peacefully.
"Police welcome the ongoing engagement with local stakeholders to ensure challenges around parading in Rasharkin are addressed."