Published Monday, 14 October 2013
Firefighters were concerned the gas tank could be heated up. (© Pacemaker)
A large shed, which was being used as a shop in the front garden of a house at Etna Drive, caught fire in the early hours of Monday morning.
The occupants had to be evacuated amid concerns surrounding a nearby butane gas cylinder.
Firefighters used their main jet and a covering jet to extinguish the blaze and ensure safety and there were no reports of any injuries.
They believe the fire, which broke out shortly after 4am, may have been deliberate.
A spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Service said: "The occupants of the house were safely evacuated during the operation. It appeared that the fire had been started deliberately."
The incident was dealt with by 5.15am.
Police said: "At approximately 4.10am on the morning of Monday 14 October, police received a report from NIFRS that a shed was on fire in the Etna Drive area of North Belfast.
"The shed was destroyed in the fire."
© UTV News