Published Thursday, 31 October 2013
The public are being warned to keep safe over the Hallowe'en period. (© Pacemaker)
Night time restrictions began on Wednesday in counties Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow - affecting around one million people - and are set to continue until Monday.
The water curfew began due to production problems at the area's biggest water treatment facility, Ballymore Eustace in Co Kildare, which are being investigated by engineers.
Last year, Dublin Fire Brigade was called out almost 700 times during Halloween.
Members of the public are being urged to stay safe and are reminded that fireworks and bonfires are dangerous and illegal.
As firecrews brace themselves for another busy night, water restrictions will begin again on Thursday at 8pm through to around 7am the following morning.
And Dublin City Council has confirmed that there will be enough water for emergency services this Halloween.
Engineer Michael Phillips, from Dublin City Council, said: "The Fire Brigade will be bringing tenders which store water in them to every fire that they attend.
"But in addition to that we have people on standby and we can by use of both manual [equipment] and computers, divert water into areas fairly rapidly."
But the Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association is not convinced.
Chairman John Kidd thinks it is simply a "crazy idea" to restrict water on Halloween night.
"I just think they should leave it on tonight - everyone knows it's the busiest night of the year. I believe the public we serve could be at risk and the members I represent," he said.
"So I really think of all the nights to switch off the water, this is probably the craziest I've ever heard of."
© UTV News