Published Friday, 01 November 2013
A man has appeared in the High Court accused of rape. (© UTV)
The 22-year-old accused, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have forced the woman to have sex on several different occasions during an on-off relationship in 2009, it was claimed.
Three sample charges of rape have been brought against the accused following a complaint from the alleged victim's mother.
Details emerged as the man was released again on bail but warned to abide by a ban on having any contact with the woman he is accused of attacking.
He had been returned to custody after going to a funeral wake the woman also attended.
The charges relate to a number of alleged sexual assaults after the pair met through their place of education.
It was claimed that the man raped her before they had began a relationship.
Prosecution barrister Kate McKay detailed one incident where he is alleged to have forced her to perform a sex act on him in the smoking room of a bar.
Another allegation involves having sex in a disabled toilet, the court heard.
Mrs McKay said: "There was a mixture of consensual and what she would say was non-consensual sex throughout the relationship.
"I'm told by the police officer she would be someone who wouldn't be a streetwise individual."
Following a complaint by the alleged victim's mother the accused went to police in Omagh voluntarily in May.
He denied the allegations, but the prosecution claimed his version of events contained inconsistencies.
Following his breach of the no-contact condition, his barrister argued that he "foolishly" went to the wake before getting police clearance.
Mr Justice Deeny ruled that he could be readmitted to bail on conditions which include a ban on entering the area where the alleged victim lives.
Warning the accused that any further breach will see him kept in custody until trial, the judge also ordered him to report to police twice a week.
© UTV News