Published Sunday, 25 August 2013
The alert was declared a hoax (© UTV)
Dunraven Parade was closed as the bomb squad and police investigated reports that a suspicious object had been left in the area.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the object, which was declared a hoax.
The security alert started at around 8am on Sunday.
East Belfast DUP MLA Robin Newton said: "The information received by the police obviously raised their security concerns to a high level.
"Often the unsung heroes of such a situation are the army bomb squad personnel who directly place their lives on the line at every incident," he said.
"We should be grateful to these highly skilled individuals and remember the sacrifices they have made and continue to make for our security."
The street has been re-opened and residents allowed back to their homes.
© UTV News