Chef 'stable' after drinking toxic fluid

Published Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Comments
Toggle font size
Print

A chef at a Belfast restaurant is in a stable condition in hospital after drinking a toxic liquid.

Chef 'stable' after drinking toxic fluid
The man’s condition has improved following treatment. (© Getty)

It's understood the 40-year-old accidentally took a drink of a cleaning product from a bottle while working in the Goodfellas restaurant in west Belfast on Sunday.

He was immediately rushed to hospital following the incident where his condition was described as "critical".

On Tuesday the hospital said the man's health had improved and he was now in a stable condition.

Belfast City Council has confirmed its environmental health department is investigating the incident.

Goodfellas said it did not want to comment on the matter.

© UTV News
Comments Comments
0 Comments
No comments. Be the first to comment.
POST A COMMENT:
Name:  
Email address*:    
Location:  
Validation:
House Rules:  
Your Comment:  
[All comments are moderated and will not appear immediately. Your name, location and comment will be displayed on this page if your post passes moderation.]
MOST POPULAR GALLERIES
Mon 08 December 2014
One Direction fever
Fri 05 December 2014
U2 music video filmed in Belfast
Wed 17 December 2014