Sean Quinn condemns attack on premises

Sean Quinn condemns attack on premises

Former Irish billionaire Sean Quinn has condemned those responsible for the latest in a series of attacks on former Quinn Group properties in Co Cavan.

A bus was driven into the entrance of the premises in Rakeelan, Ballyconnell and set on fire in the early hours of Tuesday.Once Ireland's richest man, Mr Quinn built a huge business empire before its spectacular collapse in 2011.Since then there have been a number of attacks on properties formerly owned by the Quinn family.In December last year, a fuel tanker was driven into the former headquarters of the Quinn Group in Fermanagh and set on fire.A statement issued by the Aventas Group said the acts were being carried out in support of "an ongoing campaign to disrupt and sabotage the business in the belief that this will result in reinstatement of the former owner of the business"."This makes no sense and will not happen," the statement said.A statement from Mr Quinn said he reiterated his condemnation of the attacks "in the strongest terms".He added: "Lest there be any doubt, I wish to reiterate in the most categoric terms that I condemn these unlawful acts and that any persons carrying out such acts are not acting in my name."

© UTV

Elsewhere on the Web

UTV Digest

Your daily digest of the most popular UTV Stories

Back to Top