Published Wednesday, 03 April 2013
Police dealing with disorder in the Newtownards Road. (© Pacemaker)
More than 100 PSNI members were injured in disorder that broke out across Northern Ireland.
Loyalist mobs pelted officers with bricks and stones, cars were hijacked and set alight and threats were issued to local politicians.
Detectives working within Operation Dulcet, a specialist PSNI team set up to investigate the disorder, have released a further 17 images.
Detective Superintendent Sean Wright said there has been a positive response from the public so far.
He said: "There are people out there who will know the identity of these 17 people who I am looking to speak to. I am confident that those people will come forward with that information.
"It is vital that we all send out a message to those involved in public disorder that such behaviour will not be tolerated. Those who break the law must face consequences for their actions. They will be dealt with appropriately and proportionately through the criminal justice system."
So far 229 people have been arrested and questioned about the disorder, with 174 charged and 62 reported to the Public Prosecution Service.
DS Wright called for those who can identify anyone in the images to contact police immediately.
© UTV News