Published Wednesday, 27 February 2013
We’re sorry. This video is unavailable from your location.
Are you in Northern Ireland?
1. Why is my postcode required?
We are asking you to insert your postcode before watching some videos to confirm
you can access the video content via u.tv.
This is because some videos on u.tv
are only available in Northern Ireland.
Don't worry, we won't store or use this information for any other purpose.
If you are not in Northern Ireland, the content may be available to watch at itv.com or stv.tv.
2. Why am I directed to itv.com
or stv.tv when I try to view certain
The videos, which are not available on u.tv
to users outside Northern Ireland, will be available to those users on itv.com (for users in England and Wales) or stv.tv (for most users in Scotland).
We need to know where you are in order to make sure you are getting the right content.
If you think we've got your location wrong, then please
Need more help? Contact us
The walls of Derry are 400 years old and are listed as one of the most historic sites in Ireland.
It's known as the Maiden City because the stones rebuffed all military advances - but now it seems they're in the firing line.
Holes have been made by contractors employed by Derry City Council as part of a works scheme to install lighting in the walls themselves.
It has angered those who cherish the heritage of the City Walls.
"The agreement was that any lights would be inserted in slots that were cut during the previous lighting scheme so that further damage would be minimised," Mark Lusby from the City Walls Heritage Project told UTV.
"But I was astounded to walk down East Wall to see five new slots had been cut, and people overlook little insertions and new bits of the Walls being removed and every time a little bit of the walls is removed we're getting less and less of the historic fabric left."
Among the stones that have been damaged are sandstone blocks that bear grooves made when soldiers sharpened their swords during the Great Siege in 1689.
Environment Minister Alex Attwood has suspended the works scheme.
This row could hardly have happened at a more embarrassing or inconvenient time, with 2013 marking both the City of Culture year and 400th anniversary of the design and construction of the walls.
An investigation will be carried out and Derry City Council says it's working closely with the Northern Ireland Environment Agency on the matter.